Coweta Beekeepers Association
April 2021 Presidents Message
Dear Fellow Beekeepers,
Your apiary should be BUZZING! Your hives should have a lot of bees, and they should be bringing in nectar and pollen to convert to HONEY. Be sure you are checking your hives to ensure they have room to expand. This is the time to remove entrance reducers, so foragers are able to quickly enter the hive. If you are not, sign up for the free monthly newsletter, "It's Time To, Coweta Sustainable Beekeeping," to stay ahead of your bees!
The best way to learn beekeeping is to watch someone more experienced at work. As a mentor, you will learn by teaching someone else. Please consider being a mentor for a new member and sharing your knowledge!
The April Coweta Beekeeper Association Membership Meeting is on April 12, 2021, Monday, at 7:00 pm via Zoom ONLY.
Here is the invitation for the meeting on the GBA Zoom account:
Register in advance for this meeting through your email newsletter or by visiting oyr Facebook group.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Our April speaker is Mary Cahill Roberts, Master Beekeeper and Senior Welch Honey Judge, from the GBA Video Library. "Now that you are not a Newbie." I look forward to seeing you at our April 12th Zoom Meeting!
Assistance with Displaced Bees
- Swarm - bees hanging out on a branch or wall or other area which is open to access and does not have honeycomb built.
- Cutout - bees who have made comb inside a wall or tree or other structure which require physical cutting away to remove.
- Your name or name of contact person for accessing the property
- Address where bees are located
- A photo of the AREA where the bees are located
- A CLOSE UP photo of the bees in question (Get as close as possibe, THEN zoom in camera. Don't be fearful; bees have no interest in stinging you unless you threaten them by swatting at them or disturbing their nest.)
Georgia Honey Bee License Plate Is Here!
How do you purchase a Save the Honey Bee license plate now???
Apply for a Specialty license plate at your County Tag Office through the same process you use to apply for a standard plate.
Find your nearest local tag office here ... https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/motor/tagoffices/SelectTagOffice.aspx.
We will no longer be accepting payments on the GBA website.