January Beekeeping Class
One-Day Introduction to Beekeeping Course
(a.k.a. Beekeeping Short Course)
Our one-day beekeeping course is for new beekeepers. Bobby Torbush, Master Beekeeper, will take you through your first year of beekeeping, from preparing for the arrival of your colonies to preparing them to survive winter. This course is also an excellent refresher for beekeepers to gain more confidence in working with their bees. During the day, you will have the opportunity to meet members of the Coweta Beekeeper Association, and there will be plenty of time for questions.
Breakfast, snacks, and lunch are included for the day.
Bring the form and payment to the monthly meeting on the second Monday of each month (except December).
OR mail to the address on the form by TBD for 2024 class.
2024 -- Class is held in the month of January. Date is TBD until posted.
8:00 am - approximately 4:00 pm
The UGA Coweta County Extension Center
255 Pine Rd
Newnan, GA 30263
- Honeybee anatomy and colony structure
- Beekeeper slang and the waggle dance
- Tools, equipment, and hive assembly
- Setting up the apiary and installing bees
- Hive management and inspections
- A year in the hive and nectar sources
- Problems, diseases, and troubleshooting
- Collecting and bottling honey
- Smoker demonstration
- Equipment demonstration